Re: [tlug] Android Phone

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 12:42:41PM +0100, Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Lewske Wada <ryu@example.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I want to get my old man an android phone. Suggestions please!
> >>
> > http://www.t-mobileg1.com/
>
> You can update a G1 max. to Android 1.6 -- there are alternate
> firmwares that say that they can also run 2.0 but officially the max
> firmware is 1.6 because it doesn't have enough RAM.

IIRC there is already a version of the Android 2.0 sources compiled
for the G1 around.  Quite some people say its still a good choice;
- was first android-keitei widely adopted by freaks so chances
are it will be supported some time with modifications
- nowaday relatively cheap
- the cpu of the G1 is the same as for the later HTC Hero 528 MHz,
the new Motorola Milestone has 550Mhz

Waiting for the nokia n900 for myself which apparently wont come
to .jp ..

Christian