Re: [tlug] sshfs in fstab not working

On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 09:27:24PM +0900, Dave M G wrote:

> I rebooted again, and now I have a sort of odd situation. There's a
> "Mythbuntu" directory in my home folder, where I want it to be. But when
> I click on it, a new external drive called "Mythbuntu" gets mounted and
> an icon for it shows up on my desktop.
>
> I'm trying to make the sshfs network directory be as seamlessly
> integrated as possible, so that it looks like just another directory.
>
> Is that not possible with sshfs? Maybe I have the concept wrong.

Should be possible, its now clear what you are trying to do.

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 06:32:17PM +0900, Dave M G wrote:

> sshfs#media@example.com:/home/media /home/dave/Mythbuntu fuse
> comment=sshfs,noauto,users,exec,uid=1000,gid=1000,allow_other,reconnect,transform_symlinks,BatchMode=yes
> 0 0

Start debugging.
Make sure nothing is mounted at /home/dave/Mythbuntu in umounting
it or commenting out the sshfs-line in /etc/fstab and reboot the
box.

Then make sure the line is no longer commented out and execute
  mount /home/dave/Mythbuntu
as root and then as user.
That command on commandline is already using the fstab-line and
the outputs and results should be useful for debugging.

Christian