Re: [tlug] NVIDIA Geforce 9600GT driver on opensuse

Raedwolf Summoner wrote:
> I selected the nvidia repo, but don't know which packages I need for
> the Geforce 9600GT video card. The website said it should autoselect,
> but I don't see that happening. I tried to do it manually, downloading
> the driver that nvidia offers, then using chmod +x <driver>, then
> booting with runlevel 3. Won't finish booting, so I can't manually
> install. (The nvidia driver won't install manually with the x-system
> running.) Nvidia does have some rpm packages, but does not say which
> ones are for which cards, as far as I can tell.
I believe you have to go to their 'Advanced Search' and there you need
to find a nvidia driver that fits your environment and has the latest
archive.

June 01, 2009 version is at least stable enough, as far as I can tell.
Remember you should run the shell script on bare console with root
access and CC environment variable enabled.

It should work fine if I carefully follow the on-screen instructions.

Ryu