[tlug] Batch conversion of a bunch of Illustrator files to SVG files

TLUG,

Recently I came across "uniconvertor", which is an application that does
a pretty good job of of turning Adobe Illustrator files into SVG files.
I have a whole bunch of AI files that are my last remaining tie to the
world of Adobe, and I'd like to convert them in a big batch.

The syntax of uniconverter is basically this:

uniconvertor input.ai output.svg

Recently I learnt how to execute an application on a bunch of files
using "find". Specifically, I used it to execute "mp3gain" on each mp3
file in my music collection:

find -name *mp3 -exec mp3gain -r -k {} \;

The difference is, though, that with mp3gain, it takes some parameters,
but they are the same for every file. It acts on the file, it doesn't
create a new one with a new name.

Uniconvertor, however, takes the file extension of the specified output
file to determine the output format, and also expects that you tell it
what to name the new file. So I can't figure out how I would tell it to
make the output file name be the same name as the old file, but in SVG
format, and with a .svg extension.

Is this something I can easily do with "find", or am I going to have to
concoct some bash script? (Or, to be more accurate, patch together from
sources on the 'net and then come back here with questions about why it
isn't working as expected...)

Thank you for any advice.

--
Dave M G