Re: [tlug] Batch conversion of a bunch of Illustrator files to SVG files

On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 12:15:21PM +0900, Dave M G wrote:
> TLUG,
>
> Uniconvertor, however, takes the file extension of the specified output
> file to determine the output format, and also expects that you tell it
> what to name the new file. So I can't figure out how I would tell it to
> make the output file name be the same name as the old file, but in SVG
> format, and with a .svg extension.

Do you mean you have file 1.ai, 2.ai, 3.ai and you want them to be
renamed to 1.svg, 2.svg, 3.svg?

If so, it's pretty simple with some kind of for loop.  Something like
for i in *ai;do uniconverter input ${i} output ${i%%ai}svg;done

I'm not sure if you have the files all over the place, which might be
why you have to use find.  If so, make a directory for them, like
2bconverted and then run find whatever |xargs mv 2bconverted.  Then in
the 2bconverted directory run the abovementioned for loop.  Seems like
this should work, though if the more skilled list members have time,
they'll almost certainly give you something far more elegant.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6