Re: [tlug] Trying to compare settings of two different PHP servers

Le mercredi 29 juillet 2009, Dave M G a écrit :
> TLUG,

> What I've tried to do, based on a little advice from the PHP mailing
> list, is download the output of phpinfo() from the misbehaving server
> and a working server to compare the differences. They seem, to my human
> eye, to be about the same. I tried running "diff -iw" on the files, but
> there was so much different between them that the output wasn't any more
> human readable.

Hi Dave,

Phpinfo is readable if you know what to look for:
- Do you have a "GD" section ?
- GD Support: enabled ?
- GD version: bundled ? (some people could propagate an old config script and
then use an old/external gd)
- Same "Server API" on both ?
 - Are you using temp files for rendering your catchpa ? err chatpa err
captcha,... :p ?

If you don't want to disclose the whole output, just send the
"Configure Command " section. (if available)

Francois