Re: [tlug] Replacing text in multiple files - under Windows :(

On 2009-07-29 19:04 +0900 (Wed), Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> XEmacs/Dired:  http://www.xemacs.org/Downloads/
> Python, Ruby, ...
>
> In other words, "no, working on Windows doesn't mean you can't use
> power tools."

Right. Just as another data point, I ported a non-trivial
sysadmin-related application (QAM) to Windows mostly via just replacing
a bunch of shell scripting with Ruby, and it wasn't so painful at all.

Though admittedly, when I work under Windows, a lot of my time is spent
at a Unix shell prompt in a directory mounted from a Windows share. :-)

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com