[tlug] UNIX jobs on TLUG (was: Database frontend in Linux)

2009/6/1 Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com>:

> Only if you've got near-human intelligence reading the pages.  It's
> trivial for human to recognize spam (with a few exceptions, such as
> Unix-related job postings to TLUG, some of which are spam but most of
> which are at worst misguided).  It is not so easy for machines.

I'm the near-human intelligence reading the Unix-related job postings
to TLUG. ;)

Seriously, WRT to job postings, I usually err on the side of OT, as
long as the postings are formatted decently and I know the person
posting the spec. I figure any recruiter who is willing to take my
feedback into consideration is a cut above. Obviously, TLUG has a good
relationship with a few recruiters, and a few of us have gotten jobs
we like through their services.

Not what this thread was about, of course, but I thought my opinion on
these matters might interest some.

--
Cheers,
Josh