Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] Right Alt-key changes
- Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 12:27:40 +0900
- From: Charles Muller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [tlug] Right Alt-key changes
- User-agent: Mozilla-Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (X11/20090103)
I don't know if this is a Debian issue, or if it is Linux-wide, but the most recent installations I've done with straight Linux and (K)Ubuntu all seem to disable the function of the right alt key--a royal PIA for anyone who uses (X)Emacs.I found out that I can correct this by doing mapping it to the left alt key by doing this:xmodmap -e "keycode 108 = Alt_L"(after determining that 108 is the proper number for the right alt key on my keyboard). But since this is only effective for the session, I also had to add it into a startup script.This is all fine--for practical purposes the problem is solved. But it seems that there must be a way to do this at a more fundamental level. I'm just curious as to whether anyone has come across this and fixed it permanently and properly.Chuck ------------------- A. Charles Muller University of Tokyo Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology, Faculty of Letters Center for Evolving Humanities Akamon kenkyū tō #722 7-3-1 Hongō, Bunkyō-ku Tokyo 113-0033, Japan Web Site: Resources for East Asian Language and Thought http://www.acmuller.net <acmuller[at]jj.em-net.ne.jp> Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787
- Re: [tlug] Right Alt-key changes
- From: Josh Glover
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] moving offices means free stuff for you!
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Pretty Japanese fonts?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] moving offices means free stuff for you!
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Right Alt-key changes
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links