Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Configuring nagiosplug from Nagios 1.3 with autoconf 2.13
- Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 06:10:06 +0100
- From: Josh Glover <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Configuring nagiosplug from Nagios 1.3 with autoconf 2.13
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
2009/4/29 Stephen J. Turnbull <firstname.lastname@example.org>: > configure is a portable shell script generated by autoconf [...] And this was the key to the whole thing. This was a classic case of me not seeing the forest for the trees; luckily, one of my co-workers did point out that the canopy overhead was fairly unbroken. "Why don't you," he proposed, "just generate the configure script on some random machine which has autoconf 2.63, then check it into source control. To build the package, just skip the autoreconf step altogether and do the normal ./configure && make && make install dance." So I did, and lo! the package built on RHEL3 (after using a little sed on the configure script to convince it to use the right version of automake). Thanks, guys. -- Cheers, Josh
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Anyone else using Anthy for Japanese input?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Anyone else using Anthy for Japanese input?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Configuring nagiosplug from Nagios 1.3 with autoconf 2.13
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] [tlug-admin] [announcement] 2009-05-09 Technical meeting.
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links