[tlug] Re: Pretty Japanese font for latex-cjk beamer presentation

Thanks for the helpful reply!

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> writes:
[...]

> Anyway, I've taken a look at the PDF file.  Yep, those are the Wadalab
> fonts, or maybe derivatives like Sazanami or Kochi.  You need to get
> nicer fonts.  Apparently there are the "IPA fonts" that are freely
> available, and the Cyberbit fonts are apparently OK.  Installation may
> or may not be trivial; IPA is available as an ebuild on Gentoo, but
> Cyberbit doesn't seem to be there.

It seems I managed to install the IPA fonts via some Ubuntu package, but
they were not liked by anybody. Perhaps I was using the monospace
variants. At the presentation I tried showing versions with two IPA
fonts (goth and maru?) and met with audience disdain.

> A recent version (Unicode 4.0 conformance -- but not a full
> repertoire! -- is claimed) of Cyberbit is here:
>
> http://titus.fkidg1.uni-frankfurt.de/unicode/tituut.asp

I guess I will have to go on the mission to download and install
that. I was kind of hoping for an easy .deb package but I guess there
isn't one.

[...]