Re: [tlug] WiFi roaming and open networks [SOLVED]

Christian,

Thank you for responding.

Yep, your distros mechanism should also try this, but without more information we can just speculate on why this fails, maybe there is
a bug and it calls 'dhclient eth0' on your network-interface.

Gotcha.

I think I'm going call this thread solved because the essential problem, getting internet connectivity from anonymous WiFi connections, has been handled.

I've got another thread going, called "Cleaning up the boot process". I think there's a potential there that if I get the system booting clean I might rectify some network bugs.

Thanks for your help and advice!

--
Dave M G
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/User:Dave_M_G