Re: [tlug] WiFi roaming and open networks (maybe solved)

Ohio,

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 10:50:01PM +0900, Dave M G wrote:

> >   sudo dhclient eth1
>
> The other commands didn't seem to have a direct or clear impact on the
> situation, but this command did. I ran it, and then boom - I had
> internet connectivity.

Glad to hear.

> So I could just about call this solved.
>
> But I'm kind of wondering... shouldn't this be more automatic? Can I
> make it automatic?

Yep, your distros mechanism should also try this, but without more
information we can just speculate on why this fails, maybe there is
a bug and it calls 'dhclient eth0' on your network-interface.

Maybe the graphical network connectivity thing has a logwindow
for examination or the logs under /var/log can tell more
(they are mostly only readable for root, use sudo).

Christian