Re: [tlug] silly question on subversion

2008/5/2 Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo@example.com>:

> Since I have no major projects running software-wise, and am only
> trying to keep my documents in subversion, I have a very simple tree:
> a root directory, and a subdirectory for each "document" (which may
> contain many files needed to compile it, and subdirs for images,
> etc.). However, I seem to be misunderstanding something about how SVN
> works, when I try to put more than one project under the SVN root
> directory.

Others have assured you that this is a by-design feature of SVN, and I
agree that you will get used to it. Perforce does the same thing,
except across the whole *depot*, which is equivalent to an svnroot.

For a quick overview of SVN, check out these slides from a TLUG
presentation that I gave a couple of years back:

http://www.tlug.jp/meetings.php?year=2005&month=11
http://www.tlug.jp/meetings/2005/11/introduction-to-svn.pdf

--
Cheers,