[tlug] Cross-cultural Engineer Party in Tokyo, Feb 15

Hi list,

I'm planning a party where Japanese and non-Japanese engineers meet and talk
in English. The only requirement is being a computer engineer: sysadmin,
programmer, network admin, web designer or whatever that involves solving
problem using computers. There will be a tech talk and, hopefully, some
lightening talks by attendees. Also, a discussion by non-Japanese would be
fun, like "Japanese things I don't understand".

The primary motivation was my frustration that Japanese engineers don't see
the rest of the world, just because they feel uncomfortable with English.
Asked why they feel so, almost all of them say they don't, or don't have to,
use English, even though they've learnt English for more than 6 years!

More and more non-Japanese engineers are working in Japan. I know they have
active local communities, like TLUG, but I don't see active communication
between Japanese and non-Japanese. It's not only me but many attendees at
PacSec who found it interesting to know people in the same and/or different
industry. At the same time, it would be interesting as well to meet people
who have not only different background but something in common.

This is not a free English class, nor any kind of recruiting, but something to
help people to make friends, meet interesting people and build good
communities. I hope this will be a bridge for both people. Japanese engineers
will know why English is useful for their careers and non-Japanese will know
Japanese communities have lots of cool people.

"Cross-cultural Engineer Party"
http://www.pasonatech.co.jp/event/index.jsp?no=592

If you find it interesting, please fill the registration form at:
https://www.pasonatech.co.jp/event/entry/form.jsp?no=592

Note: The party is sponsored by Pasonatech. The information required to
register will be used for the event ONLY. We don't spam.

Best regards,
--
Tomoyuki Sakurai
OpenBSD Support Japan Inc.