Re: [tlug] OT: Japanese dictionary

On Jan 2, 2008 6:52 AM, Keith Bawden <keith@example.com> wrote:
> On 1/1/08, Marcus Metzler <mocm@example.com> wrote:
>  > This sounds interesting. I just checked amazon.co.jp, but they won't
> > deliver it to a German address. Does anyone know if this would run on
> > a European DS ? If it does, is there a japanese shop that would
> > deliver to Germany or is there a shop in Germany that sells it?
>
> I have seen moji bake on an Australian store bought DS when running a
> Japanese version of a game. Around 80% of the text was fine however
> one entire menu was no. I did not bother looking into it as it was not
> my DS, but it is something to think about.

That's strange - I have here a Japanese and a German DS and both can
be set to German, Japanese, English and other languages (for the
menus). Both play games from Japan, Europe and the US w/out any
problems and w/out any display problems regarding writing systems
(actually I used for several months the German DS for learning Kanji
and Taiko no Tatsujin DS; both games using a lot of Japanese)

Niels