Re: [tlug] ClamAV

On 10/12/2007, "CL" <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:

>I have it on The Partition We Don't Tell Our Neighbors About.

You have an NTFS partition?! I can't tell you how shocked and
disappointed I am ;)

>> Or are you building from source tarballs?
>
>Neither that I am aware of.  When I start KlamAv it tells me that KlamAv
>and ClamAv are out of date and asks if I want to download the latest
>version.  It then asks if I want to use the GUI-based installer ... and
>magic happens ... or not, as the report shows.

It sounds like it's building from a source tarball (which may actually
be an rsync or other download mechanism of individual files rather than
a tarball per se), and the config script doesn't like your development
environment. If you're going to keep pursuing it as a learning
exercise, check the install location to make sure it's sane so it
doesn't crap on your Ubuntu packages (someplace like /usr/local/ would
be sane).

Jonathan