Re: [tlug] ClamAV

Jonathan Byrne wrote:
On 10/12/2007, "CL" <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:

I have it on The Partition We Don't Tell Our Neighbors About.

You have an NTFS partition?! I can't tell you how shocked and disappointed I am ;)

Not _that_ Partition. NTFS is in a different box and is separated from the ext. 3 and Reiser partitions by two layers of thick steel , a rubber sound blanket, and locks. We keep a police nightstick standing in the corner in case WIN decides to get frisky.

I was speaking of the ext. 3 partition where I install various flavors
of Linux and use them until they break ... which, in some cases is a
period of time that is measured with a stopwatch.

It sounds like it's building from a source tarball (which may actually
be an rsync or other download mechanism of individual files rather than
a tarball per se), and the config script doesn't like your development
environment. If you're going to keep pursuing it as a learning
exercise, check the install location to make sure it's sane so it
doesn't crap on your Ubuntu packages (someplace like /usr/local/ would
be sane).

Unfortunately, the downloader pulled in the requisite files and made subdirectories in the .klamav subdirectory, so I am unable to trick it into trying to download again. The installer name starts with an "A" and their slogan is something about a Greek god ... if that sounds familiar.

Here we go ... your suspicions are probably correct ... The .autoconf_trace file makes reference to the install shell checking for a tarfile name and version number. So, I have more to check for. Apparently, Adept was able to deal with the initial installation from files in the package list which means there must be some way through that I have read about but have to go back and re-read.

Then there's the problem I just discovered that the online real-time virus checker (dazuko) doesn't load. Good thing it is a cool. cloudy day or I might feel bad about staying in and doing this.

--
CL