Re: [tlug] DDNS in tokyo?

> and a little ascii art to show my current setup:

I would expect this setup:

wall < - rj-45 -> yahoo modem -> linksys < - ethernet - > linux box
running ddclient\
                                                 ↑
                                                 wireless -> the world

In which case your ddclient contacts dynamic dns and ask what it's IP
address is, gets the yahoo modem address and updates the dns with that.

All traffic from the modem should be passed unfiltered to the linksys
router which you would configure to forward ports to certain local IP
address (such as port 80 from outside to 80 on your linux box) depending
on what exactly you are trying to accomplish.

Unless this somehow prevents what you are trying to do I would suggest
this setup.

Regards,
Birkir