Re: [tlug] DDNS in tokyo?

Perhaps I should give a little more detail ..

I'm using yahoo's trio 3G modem ( the one with the wireless slot on
the top so probably the same as yours Erin ) with a linksys WRT54G and
a run of the mill ubuntu 7.04 box with DDclient installed and
configured with my dyndns account. The update works fine and the box
posts what ever IP eth0 has to the service ( which is useless since
the yahoo modem/router thing hands out private IPs )   I can set it to
what the dyndns site reports as my address ( what I assume to be the
address assigned to the yahoo modem/router brick ) and that doesn't do
much for me either.  Is there some magical admin UI that I'm missing
on the yahoo boxes to setup up port forwarding in my private network
or something?

and a little ascii art to show my current setup:

wall < - rj-45 -> yahoo modem < - ethernet - > linux box running ddclient
                                     ↑
       linksys WRT54G  - wireless -> the world

thanks and sorry if I've missed obvious documentation or am being
otherwise dense.

-e