[tlug] The Great Tag Debate

I have thought about it a lot, and I think the arguments put forth by
Keith, Scott, and CL (et al.) have convinced me that tagging in the
subject line is a bad idea.

Tags that should be used include:

[OT]
[OFF-LIST]
[C&C]
[SUMMARY]
[ADMIN]
[JOB]

I will try to write up a wiki on these soon.

Now, I am all for advanced users doing del.icio.us-style freeform
tagging to encourage search engines (including our woefully
underpowered ht://Dig), but I ask that they do it in the body of the
email, right before their sig. This could be a cool viral thing that
new TLUGgers would ask about, look into (on the wiki!) and learn to
use themselves, but without cluttering up the subject line and without
feeling bound by strict conventions.

--
Cheers,
Josh