Re: [tlug] linux laptop hibernate question

On 7/15/07, steven smith <sjs@example.com> wrote:
I just found a switch in the font manager that turns on
sub-pixel rendering for fonts that is useful on LCD's and it
helped a lot!  I also found a reference that mentioned it on
google a couple of days ago so I knew what I was looking at
when I found it.

Thanks for mentioning this! I did have that problem with an LCD display (except it's not really LCD... what to call them is always a problem... flat screen and LCD are the two most common terms, but neither one is perfect). I'll give that a try.

Now if Gnome would just allow you to assign different desk
tops different images so you could have a visual clue as to
which desktop you were on.

You might want to try Kubuntu, which is the same as Ubuntu except it uses KDE. With KDE you can set different themes for each desktop. (Be sure to change the default setting of showing everything from all desktops in the taskbar though!)

Lyle