Re: [tlug] linux laptop hibernate question

Sorry -- this thread is slightly out of order. I mentioned that fonts didn't look as nice on this box as on windows and wondered why. Lyle mentioned possible display driver problems with newer devices.

I just found a switch in the font manager that turns on sub-pixel rendering for fonts that is useful on LCD's and it helped a lot! I also found a reference that mentioned it on google a couple of days ago so I knew what I was looking at when I found it.

The Linux desktop has improved much more in the last couple of years since I last tried than I would have believed possible.

Now if Gnome would just allow you to assign different desk tops different images so you could have a visual clue as to which desktop you were on.

This is an Ubuntu 7.04 install running Gnome.

Steve S.