Re: [tlug] [OT] Say _no_ to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard

On 10/07/07, Dave Brown <dagbrown@example.com> wrote:

Using "I only use Windows because I'm forced to at work" is a kind of
apathy.

Agreed. Let me make it clear that my current employer provides a Windows laptop as the standard way to connect to our network with the VPN. If you want Linux, you are free to do it, but it is not supported, so if you have problems, you are your own IT department.

I am not apathetic enough to accept Windows on my 'top, so I got Linux
setup the way I like it, which took quite a bit of doing.

But now it is done, and I can go back to being a Lazy Linux User(TM). ;)

General apathy towards a new product is Microsoft's worst nightmare.
They *want* strong reactions--be it love or hate, because that way at
least they know people are paying attention to what they do.

The Linux-loving part of me would love to see a world where Microsoft
puts out a new version of Windows, and no-one cares.

Very well said indeed.

I could not care less about Vista, but I guess that is a minority opinion. :(

--
Cheers,
Josh