Re: [tlug] Looking for Linux fit Laptop in Tokyo

Thanks to all of you!

so summarizing, when I go & search for a Laptop next
week (I have got my first salary by then ^_^), i'll
check the following points:

[my Linux Laptop Checkpoint Buyer's Guide]

x check the graphics card for being nVidia or at least
Intel (I had much trouble with ATI cards as well)

x check the wireless adapter, since many cause
problems

x check the system, especially the processor (for
virtualization) with a Linux Live CD
If they don't allow checking it with a Live CD, try
another store, they will and make the deal ;)

x check tuxmobil.org and thinkwiki.org and check the
model in offer. On both pages models have been checked
for compability and problematic ones are pointed out

x recommended manufactores, series: MacBook, ThinkPads
in general, Toshiba for Laptops (they apparently have
specialized Linux support according to tuxmobil)

Right! As I said, I can't join you this saturday,
since I'll be on a trip in Kanazawa (kanagawa-ken),
but im sure to join a future one!

Thx for your help and ideas
Michael

      __________________________________  BE A BETTER INTERNET-GURU: Jetzt Frage stellen und einen von 44 iPods gewinnen! www.yahoo.de/clever