Re: [tlug] [OT] Intel core duo errata

On 09/07/07, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

Josh Glover writes:

 > Microsoft took over the desktop PC and then slithered into the
 > datacentre with young admins who had never used a non-Microsoft MS.
 > That is the secret to their popularity.

There's more to it than that.  (But *you* know.  Aren't you the guy
who just mentioned detesting Microsoft's "embrace and eviscerate"
approach to standards?)

Yup. I was over-simplifying, but the cogent point is that MS started on the PC and made their way into the datacentre from there.

Of course, you could argue that in the beginning of the PC era, there
was no such thing as the "datacentre", there was only the Big Iron. :)

There may have been an appropriate amount of slithering and apple-
polishing involved, but these guys are buttloads smarter than that
Snake in the Garden (or at least a lot smarter than the child
psychology Satan needed to hoodwink Eve and Adam).

Agreed. I just did not think the standards hijacking was topical to the discussion at hand. Later in the thread, it became topical and I topic'd it. ;)

--
Cheers,
Josh