Re: [tlug] Testing email functions within PHP on my local machine

On 7/4/07, Dave Gutteridge <ebisudave@example.com> wrote:
Recently, I've been writing some scripts that have email functionality.
However, I can't seem to test them because my PHP environment can't find an
SMTP server.

Hello,

If this is simply for testing, or for a low traffic site, you might
consider something like ssmtp[1]. This works with the standard mail()
function that php provides.

You configure ssmtp to use your normal mail account (for example
gmail) then any mail you send from your php page will go via your
gmail account.

Keeps things simple and achieves your goal.

Regards, Keith

[1] http://packages.debian.org/stable/mail/ssmtp