[tlug] [OT] Web hosting recommendations?

The web hosting company one of my clients has been using has been bought
out recently, and the quality of support and attention to detail has
dropped dramatically. So it may be time to move.

I'd be interested to hear of any personal recommendations, but also are
there any sites that compare hosting companies and are reasonably impartial?

Darren

P.S. Feature-wise we need SSL, PHP, MySQL, ssh access, multiple ftp/ssh
users, web front-end so we can create email aliases, etc. All standard
stuff. We don't want to be doing our own system administration, apache
configuration, backups, etc.