Re: [tlug] Desktop Wars Query

> I use KDE. Never realized that I was in such a small minority.

Not that small :-)  KDE here, too.  Since I can remember KDE has always
seemed far more polished than Gnome to me. Gnome just seems so....
cheesy and unprofessional :-S  Sorry Gnome fans :-)

But deep down I'm the sort who really prefers simplicity and speed to an
over-GUIed environment.  No need for icons, esp. on the desktop. I use
IceWM.  It's small, simple, and has the features I need, including a
really beautiful theme called BlueHeart that just puts all other window
decorations to shame :-)

To tell the truth, the main reason I use KDE underneath IceWM is that if
I don't, my Konsole windows won't be translucent (btw Konsole rules all
other terminal emulators :-)  It's mainly that one bit of eye-candy
that keeps me spending memory on the DE - I just really like the
translucency :-}

But I had to respond on this thread to plug IceWM.  Icers, unite!

Dave