Re: [tlug] RIGHT SCALE

On 13/06/07, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:

I've quoted Keith's email below: the "tis what I have done" bit makes it
sound like he is a customer, and therefore the "nifty" opinion can be
trusted as being an independent viewpoint.

The interesting thing about Amazon employees is that we *are* customers. Our customer experience is *exactly* the same as yours. We don't use a special employee website to purchase things, and we don't have different interfaces for consuming Amazon Web Services than you do.

Again, I agree that it is always best to note who your employer is
when talking about one of their products, but I suspect this did not
occur to Keith because most active TLUGgers know he is an Amazonian
(or at least that is my perception, which means it is probably his).

My only problem with your response is that you made an honest mistake
on Keith's part sound like a slimy marketing tactic.

--
Cheers,
Josh