Re: [tlug] Ubuntu / EPIA / Media Player

On Mon, 7 May 2007 10:20:45 +0900 (JST)
Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

> > Why not mplayer?
>
> I'm sure that that will be part of it, but mplayer itself doesn't deal
> with playlists, remote control configuration, and so on and so forth.

MPlayer has such an advanced playlist system, that hardly
anyone knows about it (but always is a source of confusion for
the unwary). You can easily build loops at different
levels, give additional options per file or group of files,
even different options for the same file played at different
places in the playlist.

What do you mean by remote control configuration? If you
mean lirc support, then this exists for years now.

			Attila Kinali
                         -- Deed of Morred