Re: [tlug] Re: Why the shirts? Why TLUG?

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 23:16:55 +0900
"Uva Coder" <uva.coder@example.com> wrote:

> On 4/20/07, Attila Kinali <attila@example.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> > The OSS community works this way. It's always a single man
> > who fights for something, who gets the ball rolling. Others
> > just join in to help out when they think it's a good idea.
> > They then share the work load, help out with knowledge etc.
> > But it all depends on the single man who drives the whole thing.
>
> I don't know about all of that. I think it simply comes down to
> "brand" and perhaps something in the way of "brand management" or
> perhaps worse the attempt to control external perceptions of others
> internalized relationship of brand.

Sorry, but there is no brand Linux, or a brand OSS.
The OSS community in general and the Linux community
in special is just a bunch of people doing something
along a similar line. I don't really understand why
people always try to make a brand out of it of try
to put everyone into the same pot.
OSS people are very inhomogenous. There aren't two
who think the same way or eve do the same thing.

If you want to generalize those people, please
call them a community or a movement, but please
don't call them a brand.

			Attila Kinali

--
Linux ist... wenn man einfache Dinge auch mit einer kryptischen
post-fix Sprache loesen kann