Re: [tlug] Should I be concerned about this "BIOS Bug"?

Dave M G wrote:
TLUG,

Whenever I boot, there's this error that appears on screen. It usually flickers by so fast I don't really see it. But recently I was able to actually see it long enough to record it.

It says:

PCI: BIOS Bug: MCFG area is not E820-reserved
PCI: Not using MMCONFIG

My impression after googling this and reading some of the relevant posts at the kernel-list is that this is harmless if your computer does not freeze while booting. Yours obviously doesn't, so...
So... should I be concerned at all about this?

.. I wouldn't have worried at all:-)

You might be able to get rid of the error message by booting with the option "pci=*nommconfig"*.

kind regards,
-sig

--
Sigurd Urdahl
Linux, goofing, cooking, making fire, computer security, having a