Re: [tlug] Enterprises and Open Source

On 1/31/07, Mauro D. Sauco <sauco@example.com> wrote:
Can someone point me to an essay that explains how Enterprises can
benefit from contributing to the Open Source? I am not looking after a
doc that explain how software development departments get benefited but
how *Enterprises* can gain from this approach.

I *highly recommend* using "research databases" vice using Google. I
have found more than I have time to read and comment on. As much as I
like Google, I have to say Google is inadaquate for doing research.

Due to copyrights, I can't post abstracts nor articles. But here is a hit found:

Title: The institutionalization of Open Source.
Authors: Gehring, Robert1 rag@example.com
Source: Poiesis & Praxis; Mar2006, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p54-73, 20p
Document Type: Article

HTH,
Uva Coder