[tlug] Re: Stand Up for OpenOffice!!

burlingk@example.com writes:

 > What may be needed to propperly demo Open Office is to actually
 > install linux on a cheap machine.  I know this is not a "cheap and
 > easy" way to demo the software, but if problems concistently arrise
 > when demoing from the disc, but not from a hard drive, then that may
 > be something to concider.

Actually, it *is* cheap and easy.  I can easily do that, in fact I
have three such already, although not currently running OOo.  What it
won't be is convincing.  IMHO, YMMV, but I've been there and done that
in this institution (sic) and I'm pretty sure I know how it works (or
doesn't work, apropos this thread).

I will install OOo on those machines, but I doubt it will attract
attention (as compared to XEmacs and R, which actually perform
functions otherwise not available on my student's machines, and which
they download and install pretty often).