Re: [tlug] What is the most appropriate scripting language

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 17:05:02 +0100
Godwin Stewart <godwin.stewart@example.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 23:50:11 +0900, "Guillaume Proux"
> <gproux@example.com> wrote:
>
> > It might shock an old timer but I would recommand a total beginner to
> > write scripts in Python instead of one of the shell dialect.
>
> I'd disagree.
> [...]
> all with bash scripting. It's far
> more capable than people often think

I'm not a wizard in shell scripting, but I have come to start hating it.
Once you need to run a shell script on a platform other than Linux/bash,
it will really bite your butt.

On the other hand, the python interpreter is not as widely available as
perl, so I prefer the latter.