Re: [tlug] What is the most appropriate scripting language

Godwin Stewart wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 23:50:11 +0900, "Guillaume Proux"
<gproux@example.com> wrote:

Why learn yet something else?

Because when I wear my sys admin hat I have to put up with a variety of tools written in a variety of languages. :-) [1]

Alain

[1] Sure, I can write my own from scratch but if it fits the bill and is being maintained by someone else. That's free 'support' for features and bug fixes that I won't have to bother with myself. [2]
[2] This all assumes the hassle of using the tool itself is less than writing it on my own.