Re: [tlug] About "Tlug Girls" and Technical meeting.

Nokubi-san,

I sent an application as a helper, as it pays better than an attendee
(10.000 yen!), and I would get to hang out a bit longer. However, even
if you do not need anymore helpers, I really would like to observe how
things are organized. I am planning on creating a TLUG wiki
installfest reference page and believe this experience will be useful.

Unfortunate that you are lacking attendees, though. Perhaps next time
we could organize some "road shows" before hand where we go out and
try to generate some interest by showing some neat stuff (like
Compris) in public areas.
Anyway, I hope to hear from you guys soon. Otherwise, I might just
show up and start installing Linux on any unattended computer I can
find (that last part is a joke . . .).

Jim,

Looks like the death of the installfest has been greatly exagerated.
However, I do agree that the needs of users are becoming more
sophisticated/specialized. I personally think that these kind of
events can still be tweaked so they are still beneficial, but I
suppose time will tell.

As far as my expectation for "TLUGgirls", I believe that there is some
magical ratio of lug meeting attendess versus mailing list
subscribers. The lack of their meeting attendance indicates that TLUG
mailing list membership has not yet attained that magical threshold.
So in my humble opinion, TLUG members who are interested in the growth
of this population segment need go out and raise awareness and sell
the potential benefits of Linux.

Cheers,

Ivan