RE : [tlug] driver for network install

--- Shawn <javajunkie@example.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Installing FC6 on a new box.
>
> Only have a boot disk.
>
> Want to do a network install.

Is the bios of your motherboard OK for network
install?

> Don't seem to have the ethernet driver.
>
> Have the source and a make file but am wondering how
> to do it as the
> notes are for when you are running the target
> kernel...
>
> Hmn maybe I can boot without getting into the
> graphical anaconda
> installer and try it from there.

Maybe when you boot with it, you could choose between
some ways to do install (cd/network or other)
there is probably a switch key or something like this
when you put your cd in the drive

> Can't burn install media and my burner is 650 mb and
> the disks are over
> that.
>
> Was planning to do a hard drive install and pull out
> my current disk but
> the usb drive case hasn't arrived.
>
> Maybe the old ide drive will work in the new box but
> they are
> sata...hmmn -- guess I should have a look.

i guess old ide drive will probably work, you just
need a wire, update the bios configuration and it
should work properly

Cheers,

Chris