Re: [tlug] multiregion playbadk WAS (Advice on buying a Macbook)

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:23:02 +0900, "Shawn Brown"
<big.coffee.lover@example.com> wrote:

> http://forum.rpc-1.com/viewtopic.php?t=40099&sid=ea2678dcab9c45fec8c27653bf03df03
>
> Please feel free to tell me I am wrong as that is what I would like
> to hear.

I don't know how many times you're going to post this question, but
once again, any DVD playback software built around libdvdread and
libdvdcss (mplayer comes to mind, or, if you want the navigation
capabilities, xine) doesn't care what the DVD drive's region setting is.
My own DVD drive is set to region 2 but I can still watch region 1 DVDs
no problem.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly
what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and
inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.