[tlug] multiregion playbadk WAS (Advice on buying a Macbook)

Hi,
> 6. Are there any questions I forgot to ask? ;)

How to playback your DVDs that are encoded for different regions.

May I ask if anyone with a recent Macbook has succeeded.

it appears in the following thread that newer macbook drives are region locked which eliminates previously successful solutuions.  So once you choose an encoding, that is it.  Because of the drive, there is no way to work around it by using VLC or Handbrake (which uses many Linux
libraries by the way...heh heh on topic yeah)

http://macnewbie.wordpress.com/2006/04/21/region-free-dvd-on-macbook-pro-all-you-need-is-a-windows-xp-machine#comment-1143

it also looks at least on this site that it doesn't look like there is firmware to change it

http://forum.rpc-1.com/viewtopic.php?t=40099&sid=ea2678dcab9c45fec8c27653bf03df03

Please feel free to tell me I am wrong as that is what I would like to hear.

Shawn