Re: [tlug] X config files for Matrox G200 . . . . . . . . . (was Re: xorg 7.1 and mga card (and possibly Gateway monitor))

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 03:04:48PM -0400, Jim wrote:
> Scott Robbins wrote:
>
> > Argh--I just realized, I don't have any bad configs right now--I wound
> > up replacing the 7.1 partions with things that use 7.0.
>
> Give us all the configs (good, bad, and ugly) for the G200.

The good thing about this is now you've made me decide to start
seriously troubleshooting this.

I will post a working config from ArchLinux (Xorg-7.0) for the g200.

I will also post a non-working config for an Edgy Eft that I threw on
there.

My plan tonight is to put back the ATI card and see if I can at
least install the FC6, and then see what happens.

With the G200, it would start Anaconda, correctly detect the card and
monitor, then give me that input out of range signal.  I tried various
lower resolutions, the linux=lowres, etc with no luck.

I then tried with Momonga, a Fedora offshoot, with similar results. I
then tried Momonga with the ATI card--that installed but wouldn't boot.

(However, a comment on distro watch indicated that a few people had
trouble with Momonga.)

I'm going to put it in the partition now occupied by the Edgy Eft--the
config worked until I upgraded to xorg-7.1.

So, I will post that config, but it will then be wiped out.

Thanks again, and thanks for pushing me to begin systematically
troubleshooting this.  As sooner or later, 7.1 will be the standard,
it's best to get it fixed now.

--

Scott

GPG KeyID EB3467D6
( 1B848 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6)

Xander: It's time for me to act like a man... and hide.