Re: [tlug] Multiple audio programs outputing audio simultaneously to one audio device . . . . . . . . . . . (was Re: Multiple players at same instance.)

Narendra Prabhu. B wrote:
[snipped]

I installed ALSA and oss-emulation. Things started working fine. Apart from /dev/snd/* files, there /dev/dsp[0-3] files too. I started putting the configuration for in the bootup sequence, modules, aliases, etc. After reboot(s), I don't see the /dev/dsp[0-3] files. I repeated the whole sequence manually, but still don't see those files. Any ideas, what I might be missing out?

I tried the other option for oss-emulation. AOSS/DmixPlugin [1], works as a wrapper around applications using OSS. Worked without any hiccups. :)

Thanks for the help.

//Naren.

[1] http://alsa.opensrc.org/aoss / http://alsa.opensrc.org/DmixPlugin