[tlug] Multiple audio programs outputing audio simultaneously to one audio device . . . . . . . . . . . (was Re: Multiple players at same instance.)

Keith Bawden wrote:

> Narendra Prabhu. B wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > ... I am able to [use] only one [audio] player at a time. ...

> The ALSA sound system will allow "multiply players" whilst OSS wont.

I vaguely recall that KDE had something, (perhaps arts?),
that would allow multiple programs to output sound
simulataneously to a single audio output
(nevermind mono versus stereo) even with OSS.

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 19:12:24 +0900 "Narendra Prabhu. B" wrote:

> I tried to install with ALSA. It did not seem to straight forward.

It is not just you. ALSA _is_ hard to install.

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:32:52 +0900 "Narendra Prabhu. B" wrote:

> In my system (... Kernel v2.6.8), ...

You are probably already using ALSA (perhaps without knowing it).