Re: [tlug] eggs in the cellphone basket

    Joe> As for eggs in a basket, though, most people carry all their
    Joe> cards in one wallet anyway -- the loss of which is usually a
    Joe> catastrophic event.

Too bad for most people.  The only responsibility we have to them is
better education, hopefully in class rather than in the "school of
hard knocks."

    Joe> The other worrisome thing is that Sony is behind FeliCa. We
    Joe> all know how responsible Sony is when it comes to individual
    Joe> privacy.

SONY is no more and no less worrisome than any other big consumer
company on the grounds of "responsibility".  They just have smarter
engineers and more ballsy managers, it would seem.

Personally, I would worry more about the fact that last year 1000 of
the top corporations and their subsidiaries invited tiger teams to
attack their networks.  IIRC, for more than 40% "private" information
was successfully obtained.