Re: [tlug] [OT] Regular Expressions to find Japanese Text

Jim,

Thanks for your continued help.

Breen wrote:
>>> ...you should replace it with a closing </li> tag
>>>
> Done.

Good stuff.

Your update actually happened right while I was experimenting with the
code and regular expressions, so suddenly things went a little weird.
Good thing I checked here first before I panicked that my expressions
were all off

> No, 24 semi-colons, but each new sense starts with the sense-number in
> parentheses, e.g.
> 付ける .... (v1,vt) (1) to attach; to join; to add; to append;
> to affix; to stick; to glue; to fasten; to sew on; to apply (ointment);
> (2) to  furnish (a house with); (3) to wear; to put on; (4) to keep a
> diary; ...

You know, it occurred to me only as I was reading this response that if
I just went ahead and looked up the word, I would have seen for myself
what you meant. Doh!

But thank you for explaining.

I'm basically just fixing the interface between my local database and my
scripts. I might be able to finish it without any more questions.

When it's done, if people are interested I'll post the code (PHP) here.

As always, thanks to everyone for providing insight and advice.

--
Dave M G