Re: [tlug] Need purchasing advice for a linux compatible desktop

Jim Tittsler wrote:

Unfortunately they closed their Akihabara store at the end of last year, although they still offer a web shop.
  http://www.plathome.co.jp/

[LHS] Are you sure? I went by there what seems like only a month or two ago (although time has been flying this year, so maybe I'm mistaken).

Yes, it's true (sob!) PlatHome is gone! I liked that store, but - come to think of it - it never was very busy when I went there, so they must not have been making much money out of it....

Other news - I asked around to see if I could get a better-designed socket-754 motherboard and everyone looked at me sadly like "What time machine did you step out of buddy?" and said they didn't have anything (although one store was selling some socket-754 chips still).

So... I think I'll just use that custom box with the ballooning chips until it blows up and then get an all-new one. Hopefully when it blows up it won't damage the video board, which I would like to use in the next machine as well. I wonder how much damage can be done when the caps blow....

Lyle