[tlug] buggy xterm

Hello list :)

I use debian amd64 and I have a trouble with xterm (version 210-2).

The problem is with inserting characters from czech alphabet which are
composed of a main glyph and a small hook over it. The hook is normaly
inserted by pressing "dead key" and after releasing it, one continues
with pressing another key (that with a main glyph). After such an
action, one should get the correct letter on the screen.

Now with xterm, I receive immediately the hook (withoug any glyph) and
the glyph itself after it. Together I see two separate characters - the
hook and a letter, one after the other, instead of one composed complete
letter.

In other words, the "dead key" is not dead :)

I should explicitely state here, that in mlterm, firefox, licq... I have
correct behaviour. No problems at all! This naturaly leads me to a
conclusion, that xterm has to be blamed, right?

Could anyone point me where should I search for the cause of this
strange behaviour?

Maybe you wonder why I ask this question on this list. Well, I have already
asked in several Czech forums without any luck. So I decided to ask
here, since I believe there are experts for language issues here :)

Best regards
Michal