Re: [tlug] 2G SD Card Adventures on a Zaurus

Alain Hoang wrote:
> 6.  Plug the SD card into a USB card reader then plug it into the
>       Dell.  Came up just fine.
My 2G SD card did not work in any device I had,  I ended up buying the
only USB reader that claimed support of 2G SD in Yokohama Yodobashi Camera.
> 1.  If you want to test compatibility with something you buy at Akiba
>       and you can carry that thing.  Do so

Which shop offered to let you try? The one I went to said they wouldn't.
> 2.  The SD card I have isn't broken.
> 3.  2G SD Cards (or at least the one I got) are not a happy camper
>       on a Zaurus 760.  If any other Zaurus users want to test out their
>       Zaurus on a 2G SD card at the next nomikai/TLUG Technical meeting
>       I'll be happy to bring the SD card for testing purposes but I imagine
>       any of the 7xx series is pretty much a no-go.
I was hoping it was a driver problem.  SD is a proprietary protocol so
the drivers still have bugs.  I  have not had time to check but I
believe 7XX series use 255 series cpus which are limited to single
channel MMC/SD.  Our 2G SD card may not support this mode of operation.
I did however read that these particular SD cards have upgradeable
firmware so it might be possible. I was also told by the shop I bought
the SD card from that the Zaurus would work with the 1G model of the
same card so it might just be a Linux driver bug.

If you format the sd card make sure you don't use fat16.  If you do it
will become a 1G card and you will have to use the tool on the following
page to restore it to a 2G card.
http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/ItemDetail.asp?ItemID=TS4GSD150

Edward