Re: [tlug] Bank Securely from a Windows PC with spyware

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:

> ... bank accounts ...

> ... Windows as normally set up and used[,]
> cannot do anything securely (spyware) ...

Here's a slick way to do banking securely from a Windows PC,
even if that Windows is infected/tainted with spyware:

   http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/security/0,2000061744,39185833,00.htm
   http://www.smh.com.au/news/Breaking/Safe-CD-solution-for-online-banking/2005/03/23/1111525204778.html

It's also a nice toe in the door (or nose under the tent) for Linux.
I don't know how much banks are actually using it since the spring
publicity.